Need Help Getting Approved For Social Security Disability?
Social Security Disability insurance is a safety net for those who cannot work because of a disabling condition. The claims and appeals process can be complex and intimidating for the average citizen. In fact, the majority of claimants are denied when they first apply.
Peter A. Pentz, Esq. can help you navigate the system and advocate for you to secure the benefits you need. We have been successful with both physical impairment and mental impairment claims under Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Call our Erie office at 814-359-7268 for assistance.
Your Advocates In The Disability Claim System
We can help, no matter where you are in the process, including:
- Initial application: Many people are turned down because of incomplete paperwork or insufficient evidence. We can help you properly document your injury or illness to show why it prevents you from working.
- Reconsideration: If your application is denied, you can request an administrative review of your claim, including any new medical documentation.
- Disability hearing: This is your chance to tell your story to an administrative law judge who only hears SSD and SSI cases. We prepare you for the questions the judge will ask and attend your hearing to give you legal counsel and counter their experts.
- Appeals Council: If the hearing judge denies your claim, you can appeal to a panel of judges who will review the facts of your case and the legal issues.
- Federal court: The last resort is to file a federal appeal to overrule the Social Security Administration’s findings.
The Right Experience To Overcome Your Obstacles
Attorney Peter Pentz has practiced law in Pennsylvania for nearly 30 years. He is also a certified workers’ compensation specialist. Although workers’ comp is a completely different system, his deep experience overlaps with your SSD case in key ways:
- Mr. Pentz is familiar with a wide range of injuries and disabling conditions. He is well-versed in the medical terminology and the medical documentation required in those claims.
- Mr. Pentz is an accomplished trial lawyer who has litigated in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New York. He has prevailed in many SSD hearings and appeals.
- Because Peter A. Pentz, Esq. also represents employers and insurance companies, we understand disability claims from the defense perspective. We can anticipate the pushback and spot the holes or inconsistencies in your disability application to help you present the most compelling argument for benefits.
Don’t Give Up. Give Peter A. Pentz, Esq. A Call.
Many people give up after their disability claim is turned down. With quality legal advocacy, you have a decent shot at getting approved for benefits. Peter A. Pentz, Esq. serves clients throughout western Pennsylvania. Call us at 814-359-7268 to arrange a consultation or use our email contact form to tell us a few details.